The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (HCP) Course is a video-based, Instructor-led course that teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support. This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
BLS for Healthcare Providers teaches skills using the American Heart Association’s proven Practice-While-Watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe students, provide feedback and guide students’ acquisition of skills.
With their student manual for the course, students receive the new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
BLS HCP Course Materials
– Student Manual with Pocket Reference Card 90-1038
– Instructor Manual with CD and Lesson Maps 90-1036
– BLS HCP Course & Renewal Course DVD 90-1035
– BLS Instructor Package 90-1037 (includes):
• BLS HCP Course & Renewal Course DVD
• Instructor Manual with CD and Lesson Maps
• AHA Stopwatch
• Student Manual with Pocket Reference Card
– Pre-registration and payment must be made before class starts. KSK Training Center accepts all major credit cards, debit cards, cash, and money orders. We DO NOT accept personal checks, only company checks.
Cancellations and Refunds
Books or materials: No refunds or exchanges will be given. All sales are final
Courses: All cancellations must be received at least one (1) week before the course date. Change of class schedule is subject to availability. Cancellation request received less than 2 business days before the class will not be refunded
All cancellations must be sent via electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (310) 212-7011, or by U.S. mail addressed to KSK Training Center at 1251 W. Redondo Beach Blvd., Suite 201, Gardena, CA 90247. Any refund given will be issued in the same form that payment was made. Please allow two weeks for processing.