The American Heart Association’s PALS Course is an Instructor-led, classroom-based course that enhances healthcare providers’ skills in the treatment of pediatric arrest and periarrest patients. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
The course uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to teach and reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics.
• Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
• 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
• Management of respiratory emergencies
• Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
• Vascular access
• Resuscitation team concept
• Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
• Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
• PALS Instructor Manual (90-1054)
• PALS Provider Manual (90-1052)
• PALS Pocket Reference Card (90-1053)
• PALS DVD Set (90-1057)
• PALS Emergency Crash Cart Cards (90-1056)
• PALS Posters (90-1055)
• PALS Instructor Package (90-1058)
The PALS Course is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. These include personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
– Pre-registration and payment must be made before class starts. KSK Training Center accepts all major credit cards, debit cards, cash, and money orders. We DO NOT accept personal checks, only company checks.
Cancellations and Refunds
Books or materials: No refunds or exchanges will be given. All sales are final
Courses: All cancellations must be received at least one (1) week before the course date. Change of class schedule is subject to availability. Cancellation request received less than 2 business days before the class will not be refunded
All cancellations must be sent via electronic mail at email@example.com, by phone at (310) 212-7011, or by U.S. mail addressed to KSK Training Center at 1251 W. Redondo Beach Blvd., Suite 201, Gardena, CA 90247. Any refund given will be issued in the same form that payment was made. Please allow two weeks for processing.